My new module is due to start at the beggining of Febuary, I'm going to start this weekend though to get a head start. There is a chance I may have to go into hospital at some point and would have to take time off the studying. Its nothing serious thankfully and is not definately something that will need surgery but I am preparing myself just in case. The story? I had my gall bladder removed in Febuary last year but am still having pains in that area, so my surgeon is running some tests, the next one is on Thursday and we will soon find out what the problem is. The very worst it could be is that I have a tendancy to develope gall stones and they are forming in bile ducts. If I do need to go in to hospital it will only be overnight and I will be recovered in about a week. Surgery is never nice but I am thankful that it is nothing serious and pretty routine for most surgeons.
On the stitching front, I have made very little progress. I had one night of stitching so I wont post a picture but the nights that I do get a chance to stitch from now I will make the most of it.
Jewelry wise, I have been playing with a tutorial for a bangle which I purchased from Corra. I am struggling to get the knots tight to a point that I am happy with, I am getting there with practice and so the next time I get to play with wire I should be able to have a go at the bangle.
And in other news... We are adopting a dog from the local animal shelter. He was taken in as a stray and needs treatment for a flea allergy. The shelter cant legally claim ownership of him yet as they have not had him for seven days yet, but from the condition of his skin they do not think that he will be claimed. Once the seven days has passed and his skin has cleared up we can bring him home. He is an old boy, about nine or ten years old and is a mixed breed, but he is so calm and relaxed and you can just tell he has a lot of love to give in his last few years. The girls adored him when we met him and he warmed to them right away. I cant wait for the day that we can bring him home, I am so excited and want to go out and buy everything that we need for him right away. But I think it may be wise to wait until he is legally in the ownership of the animal shelter and can be ours before I do that.
We have been thinking of names for the old fella, my oldest has stuck on the name Rory, and do you know what, I think it suits him to a tee. When we get him home I will post lots of pictures.
with my course starting back up I may not be able to participate in forums as much as I would like still but I will be following the posts and everyones blogs as much as I can.
Thanks for looking and happy creating.
- ▼ 2009 (19)