My photo
Hi my name is Louise (Lou) and I am a craftaholic. I am in my mid twenties and live in wonderful Scotland. My addictions are jewelry making and cross stitching, I do knit and love to try other things, but these are the two that have stuck. I have been stitching ever since i can remember, but only started stitching properly when i was pregnant with my first daughter. I manage to get my fix in between looking after my two angels and hubby.

Monday 19 January 2009

My first succesful attempt at braiding.

I had a peek at Mei's blog the other day when i noticed she had a free tutorial about braiding. From looking at this simple tutorial I now know where I have been going wrong in braiding. This inspired me to get creative and so here is the latest...


I really wasnt sure what to do with the ends so I just twizzled them to give it some sort of finish. Next time I do this I will take more care with it though and also have a design in mind of how to finish it off. The other thing I need to do is to experiment with hardening wire, I dont sell jewelry so I'm not worried about it yet and I dont wear much myself either.

Next thing I want to try is a tutorial of a stunning bangle by Corra. I'm hoping to do that this week and also make some progress in stitching.

Stitching wise I have not really had much time to get much done, but this is the progress so far on the sister angels from HEAD

Its got a few hundred stitches in it and you can sort of tell that this part is an arch of some kind. This is the first project I have done using fabric with a count like this, the highets count before hand was 18ct this is 25ct I'm sure. So it is a bit of a challenge and the frogs have been visiting (yay!). But despite that I feel I can get it done in the next two years lol....
Have a great week.



8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, the bracelet is beautiful, Lou! I've tried to braid but I think I've used wire that was too thin. It was perfectly braided until I let go of it and then it just spun around until it was gone! LOL. I'll check out Mei's tutorial too. Good going, Lou!

Sherry said...

Lovely, hunnie! Thanks for sharing!
hugz
~Sherry~
http://sherrysjewels.blogspot.com

Rene la Frog said...

Love the braclet...I'd love something like that if I wore jewelery.

Your angel project looks great.

Mei Tan said...

Well done Lou. Glad my tutorial got you to retry. Thanks for sharing and can't wait for your next one :)
Mei

htimcj said...

Your braclet is really pretty and you have made nice progress on your stitching.
Heidi-ILCS

Gabi said...

Great bracelet. The stitching looks promising too :)

Nancy M said...

Good luck on starting your HAED, I have my first one going on 22 ct.

mrs beadsley said...

Lou- Great job on the bracelet - can't wait to see what you do next! (love the comment about the frog returning.......I know him from beadweaving!)

Background