My photo
Hi my name is Louise (Lou) and I am a craftaholic. I am in my mid twenties and live in wonderful Scotland. My addictions are jewelry making and cross stitching, I do knit and love to try other things, but these are the two that have stuck. I have been stitching ever since i can remember, but only started stitching properly when i was pregnant with my first daughter. I manage to get my fix in between looking after my two angels and hubby.

Tuesday 20 July 2010

Stitchy stuff and sparkly stuff

The past couple of weeks I have been keeping myself busy with stitching mostly but I have managed to stop and make a few pieces of jewelry.


The first piece is a prototype made using base metal wires, I cant wait to whip this up using silver wire. I am going to use square wire for the frame rather than round wire I think. In my mind it looks sturdier with the square wire than with round

I had a go at trying to set marquis cut cubic zirconia into rings using wire, now this was tricky but I have to admit that I love the setting I have came up with





The pictures arent great but you get the idea ;o). I just need to tweek these designs a little more and I recon I'd be happy to sell them.


On the stitchy side I've made a fair bit of progress on the five sisters
There are 2 pages to the chart which are A3 sized, this is about half of the first page. Not much there just yet, all cloud so far and a fair amount of confetti stitches but I am loving putting my needle to work again, so much so that I might dig out sister angels and work on that for the next couple of weeks.
Thanks for taking the time to have a look
Lou

7 comments:

Shannon Thomas said...

Your jewlery is very pretty and your stitching looks great!

shannon in pa

Mel said...

HAED is looking great!
Love all the jewellery.

Emily in NC said...

The jewelry is really pretty, and it seems you have made progress and you HAED. Very nice.

Katrien said...

Pretty jewelry!
Great work on your stitching

Unknown said...

Lovely jewelry and your HAED is coming along nicely.

Carolyn NC said...

Nice stitching and jewelry!be

htimcj said...

Your jewlery looks really nice. Stitching looks great too :)
Heidi-ILCS

Background