My photo
Hi my name is Louise (Lou) and I am a craftaholic. I am in my mid twenties and live in wonderful Scotland. My addictions are jewelry making and cross stitching, I do knit and love to try other things, but these are the two that have stuck. I have been stitching ever since i can remember, but only started stitching properly when i was pregnant with my first daughter. I manage to get my fix in between looking after my two angels and hubby.

Thursday 1 July 2010

Back in action

I have been a naughty girl for the past 10 months, I have not had time for any stitching or jewelry making or even updating my blog, but my excuse is a good one, my kids needed my attention more than my hobbies.

But I am able to enjoy some me time again which means that I have picked up my stitching again and made some jewelry in the past month or so.
Stitching wise I decided to make a start on the Five Sisters project to get me back into the swing of things, I think if I had st start on my HEAD project straight away I will put myself off stitching. I am loving stitching again and this piece is working up quite quickly so hopefully wont take too long to finish.


I have also taken a step in my jewelry making, I have moved on to working in silver rather than copper core wire. Wow what a difference between these wires, not only is it a lot nicer looking but it is so much easier to work with.
I don't have any pictures though as everything I have made so far has been sold before I had a chance to get a picture. I am hoping to set up an on-line store in the next few weeks and see if my run of good luck with my jewelry making will continue.

Thanks for looking at my blog

xx

5 comments:

Jo said...

It's a wonderful project you're working on. Glad to see you stitching again.

Anne Sans Tete said...

I agree about working with silver! It is sooo much easier & nicer looking!

- Lisa N.

Carolyn NC said...

Great stitching - welcome back!

htimcj said...

Welcome, back! Your piece looks nice.
Heidi-ILCS

Marissa said...

Welcome back Lou! It´s a beautiful project.
Marissa
ILCS
:)

Background