My photo
Hi my name is Louise (Lou) and I am a craftaholic. I am in my mid twenties and live in wonderful Scotland. My addictions are jewelry making and cross stitching, I do knit and love to try other things, but these are the two that have stuck. I have been stitching ever since i can remember, but only started stitching properly when i was pregnant with my first daughter. I manage to get my fix in between looking after my two angels and hubby.

Tuesday 28 April 2009

Finally the cushion is done.

I thought I should take some time from organising the house ready to move and finish off my MILs cushion. So here it is



The pictures don't do any justice to the colours of this but you get the idea...
I am such a novice with a sewing machine, but since I wasn't following a pattern and had no clue as to what I was doing I think it turned out pretty well.
xx

15 comments:

Gabi said...

That cushion turned out lovely Lou. Your mother in law will be thrilled. How is the moving going?

Anna Kay said...

Wow Lou, the cushion is just beautiful!

Corra said...

She is going to love it!! and I haven't had any plan yet for my MIL!!!

Mel said...

Lovely cushion!

ChezChani said...

That is a wonderfully thoughtful gift. She will be thrilled!

Unknown said...

You've done a wonderful job. She's going to love getting such a thoughtful gift made by you!

Nancy M said...

Nice job. I would be the same way with trying to finish a pillow with a machine. I'm sure she will love it. Good luck with the move.

Emily in NC said...

That is a beautiful pillow. The fabric is great.

Meari said...

I think it turned out nice. I'm sure she will love it!

Rene la Frog said...

Looks fantastic...I'm sure she loves it.

Jennifer Blake said...

The cushion is lovely.

5 Foot Runt said...

What a beautiful gift for your MIL.

Sadie said...

The cushion looks great Lou. I am sure that your MIL will love and treasure it.

Anne said...

For someone who does not sew as such I think it is beautiful. Lucky Mother-in-law!
Thanks for your comment on the macramee bracelet. If you want to do the Josephine knot it helps to draw it to size and mark the under - over crossings. Then place the wire on top and go! When done hammer all the curves for stability and work hardening. I hope you see this message.

Jonara Blu Maui said...

It turned out very nice! what a sweet gift!

Thanks for stopping by my blog even though I've been gone forever with all thats been going on. Glad you liked the birdy pics too!

Background