My photo
Hi my name is Louise (Lou) and I am a craftaholic. I am in my mid twenties and live in wonderful Scotland. My addictions are jewelry making and cross stitching, I do knit and love to try other things, but these are the two that have stuck. I have been stitching ever since i can remember, but only started stitching properly when i was pregnant with my first daughter. I manage to get my fix in between looking after my two angels and hubby.

Sunday 5 October 2008

Cross stitch jewelry!!

Oh my gosh I'm so excited. I have just came across a site that sells kits to make cross stitch bangles. I don't know why the idea never crossed my mind before, and its not really a bad idea.





These designs are really simple but the threads to make them are DMC precious metal effects and light effects so will look stunning when worn. Now, when i find time I'm just going to have to get a cross stitch design programme and start coming up with my own jewelry designs that way. I've wanted to design and sell my own jewelry for a while now and was selling for a while, but the time to make and promote my pieces was cutting into the little time I have for course work. (I have a new module starting next week too). Anyway, what a way to combine two of my addictions. Now all i need is a way to find the time to satisfy my cravings lol....

6 comments:

Gabi said...

What a great idea Lou. This will combine both of your hobbies too. Looking forward to see your designs.

Unknown said...

That's a fabulous idea, Lou. What fun for you! And you're right - those threads will look stunning. Can't wait to see what designs you come up with! Enjoy.

ChezChani said...

I might have to look in to this. I did cross stitch years ago so I know I like it. Thanks for sharing!

Gizburg's Stitchy Girl said...

I love bracelets- this never crossed my mind either but of course now I HAVE to have one!

Jonara Blu Maui said...

Oh these are super cute! What a cool idea!

Anonymous said...

Wow, they look fantastic! Will you by any chance be posting an instruction of how you do those? Keep up the good work!

Background