My photo
Hi my name is Louise (Lou) and I am a craftaholic. I am in my mid twenties and live in wonderful Scotland. My addictions are jewelry making and cross stitching, I do knit and love to try other things, but these are the two that have stuck. I have been stitching ever since i can remember, but only started stitching properly when i was pregnant with my first daughter. I manage to get my fix in between looking after my two angels and hubby.

Sunday, 5 October 2008

Cross stitch jewelry!!

Oh my gosh I'm so excited. I have just came across a site that sells kits to make cross stitch bangles. I don't know why the idea never crossed my mind before, and its not really a bad idea.





These designs are really simple but the threads to make them are DMC precious metal effects and light effects so will look stunning when worn. Now, when i find time I'm just going to have to get a cross stitch design programme and start coming up with my own jewelry designs that way. I've wanted to design and sell my own jewelry for a while now and was selling for a while, but the time to make and promote my pieces was cutting into the little time I have for course work. (I have a new module starting next week too). Anyway, what a way to combine two of my addictions. Now all i need is a way to find the time to satisfy my cravings lol....

6 comments:

Gabi said...

What a great idea Lou. This will combine both of your hobbies too. Looking forward to see your designs.

Marjorie said...

That's a fabulous idea, Lou. What fun for you! And you're right - those threads will look stunning. Can't wait to see what designs you come up with! Enjoy.

ChezChani said...

I might have to look in to this. I did cross stitch years ago so I know I like it. Thanks for sharing!

autumn said...

I love bracelets- this never crossed my mind either but of course now I HAVE to have one!

Jonara Blu Maui said...

Oh these are super cute! What a cool idea!

Cross Stitch For Free said...

Wow, they look fantastic! Will you by any chance be posting an instruction of how you do those? Keep up the good work!

Background